To order a Revelite EL, please fill in the fields below. For large installations, please contact us directly. If you have any questions, please call us at (949) 715-1534.
After the introduction of the Revelite AL, artists who used the light to illuminate their finished work realized that the Revelite was also a powerful tool for creating art. Studios often suffer from a lack of sufficient natural light, causing colors to appear muted and untrue. The traditional approach to fixing this problem involved haphazardly mounting various lights to any available surface in order to spread a mix of light as evenly as possible across a canvas. The Revelite Easel Light offers a simple solution to this age-old problem in a discrete and energy-efficient package.
The Revelite Easel Light is an adapted version of the Revelite AL that allows fine-tuning of the light output without any tools. A dimmer switch is mounted to the rear of the hood, allowing easy control of the light’s output. Thumb screws on each light bar allow the light to be quickly calibrated to get even illumination on canvases of various heights. Three modified versions of our traditional mounting bracket are included to allow the artist multiple mounting solutions.
Mounting a Revelite to an easel allows brilliant light to be cast evenly across a canvas from a steep angle, allowing the artist to stand comfortably in front of their canvas without blocking their light source.Because the Revelite Easel Light uses the same LEDs and optics as the Revelite AL, artists are able to display their finished works under the same lighting conditions that the works were created under. For the first time, it is possible to guarantee that a piece of art can be presented to truly show the artist’s original vision.
Even Light Distribution
Our patented technology allows much better control of the distribution of light over a specified surface. This leads to much more uniform brightness from top to bottom and side to side. Since their invention, picture lights have been plagued by the problem of making artwork appear too bright at the top and too dim at the bottom.
The lack of ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) light makes the Revelite AL much safer for use on sensitive artwork by greatly reducing fading and cracking.
The LEDs used in the Revelite EL have a life rating of over 60,000 hours (L70), compared to as little as 1,000 hours for incandescent technologies. This translates into no maintenance other than occasional dusting.
The Revelite Easel Light comes standard with a matte black finish.
If your easel is made of a material other than wood, please inquire about a custom mounting solution.
Input Voltage: 24VDC
Power Consumption: 6-10 Watts per foot at full brightness (depending on vertical adjustment)
Light Output: 468-780 lumens per foot at full brightness (depending on vertical adjustment)
- Plug in - This standard power supply is similar to a power adapter for a laptop. It plugs into a regular AC wall outlet and provides a total cord length of 9’. Each fixture also comes with 6' of Microwire. This allows the power supply to be located farther away from the fixture.
- Battery Pack - A rechargeable battery pack is available for those who want to use their work or display light in a location where power is not available. The battery pack gives artists the freedom to paint in the field in low-light conditions. For those who display their work at art shows, this battery pack eliminates the need to run cables to a wall outlet. Weighing only 1.8 lb, this high-capacity battery pack will allow you to run a 24 inch light for up to 5 hours at full brightness.
Why choose the Revelite EL instead of other picture lights?
The Revelite EL excels for 4 main reasons:
- Even Light Distribution - Our patented technology allows much better control over the distribution of light over the artwork, leading to much more uniform brightness from top to bottom and side to side. This control also allows us to limit the amount of light spilled on the wall surrounding the artwork. Since their invention, picture lights have been plagued by the problem of making artwork appear too bright at the top and too dim at the bottom.
- Excellent Color Rendering - The light that the Revelite EL emits has very high color rendering properties, resulting in vibrant colors and brilliant whites.
- No UV - The lack of ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) light makes the Revelite EL much safer for sensitive mediums by greatly reducing the risk of fading and cracking.
- Small Profile - The small size and multiple color options make the Revelite EL as visually unobtrusive as possible, while still allowing excellent performance.
Does the Revelite EL get hot?
The fixture gets warm but is never too hot to touch.
What types of media can I use under the Revelite?
The light emitted by the Revelite is low in UV and infrared light, making it the safest possible choice for illuminating artwork. For this reason, all media will be safe to use. Very heavy use of impasto may cause slight shadowing to appear below prominent strokes.
Does the fixture require a transformer?
The led driver is integral, however the fixture requires an included external 24VDC power supply which can be installed remotely, mounted to the back of the frame, hung on the wall behind the painting, or placed in a junction box. When ordering, specify the type of installation and we will supply the correct transformer. Aftermarket low voltage power supplies with the proper specifications may also be used to power and dim the Revelite. If you wish to use an aftermarket power supply, please contact us to check that it will be compatible with your Revelite fixtures.
Does the fixture run off of a battery?
The Revelite can run off of a rechargeable battery pack. At full charge, a Revelite Easel Light will run for 5 hours at full brightness.
What tools do I need to install an Easel Light?
Installing an Easel Light will require a mounting bracket to be fastened to your easel using #8 wood screws. We recommend installing these screws by using a handheld power drill. Drilling a 3/32” pilot hole will ease driving the screws.
What is Color Rendering?
Color rendering (CRI) is a measure of a light source’s ability to faithfully reproduce colors.